Tribute To My Beloved Mentor, Late. Prof. Muhammad Mustapha Akanbi, SAN


 By: Olufadi Balarabe Ayuba 


Indeed, death is everlasting meal for every soul. Some minutes after my dinner yesterday, I heard the tragic news of passing onto glory of my beloved mentor, Prof. Akanbi, whom I hold in high esteem. I was shocked; tears rolled down from my eyes with fervent prayers, hoping the news would be fake.


Prof. Akanbi was a renowned Professor of Law whose exemplar and meaningful contributions to human capital and community development are reckoned with. I picked him as my mentor some 15 years ago when his late father, Justice Mustapha Akanbi visited my late grandfather, Alh. Sanni Baba Alaro. He told me about Prof. Muhammad Mustapha and said I should join the fold of his mentees, which Prof. accepted me and started with series of questions. Like a mirror, I look up to him as a great mentor and am pleased to have him. 


After the emergence of AbdulRahman AbdulRazaq as the elected Governor of Kwara State in 2019 governorship election, Prof. Muhammad was appointed as Vice Chancellor, Kwara State University, Malete. Many congratulatory messages arrived with many prayers. Hoping that he would finished his tenure as at when due. Alas! Death took away my beloved mentor.


He verged to somewhere underground, somewhere, a lonely place, a six feet pit, the arachnids base. He left his abode and children for somewhere through casket to the world beyond. Alas! His wings had flown to somewhere in the sky, commencing his eternal sojourn.


Here is my condolence piece:


Oh, Death! You paints in grief color

And your belch gives a sober odor. But you didn't knocked at the door

You stung and took away my beloved mentor

Oh! My mentor 

is now in heaven's residence.


You are in a place where ancestors meet

Somewhere you eat no food but your deeds

You had thrusted your greatness on planet earth

And you smiles to travel the glorious journey that beckons

You heads somewhere in a paradise.

May your soul rest in perfect peace. Aameen🙏🏻


#THRENODY#

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

REFLECTION OF REALITY

MOMENT OF TRUTH

A PALM WINE TREE IN THE DESERT (A Reflection of Engr. Dr Jimoh Abdul Muhammad. The Rector, Kwara State Polytechnic, Ilorin.)